Friday, January 27, 2006

When it rains, it pours

I apologize for the lack of any real posting lately. The Raging Mrs. and I have been dealing with a few health issues, which translates to I've been taking care of my wife as she can no longer walk without massive amounts of painkillers.

She had an MRI done on her back, and the bottom line is that things are pretty messed up around the L4-L5-S1 region, and she's going to see a neurologist to determine if she needs surgery. I think it's hard to accept because for years my wife was seemingly indestructible. One day she actually wrapped her car door around her leg (long story, but from then on you could see daylight coming from the warped section on the bottom of her car door) and she was up and walking around the next day. So to have an injury that she can't just laugh off is unsettling to her, to say the least. It's also taken away most of my free time, (which I give up gladly, it's not a complaint) because I'm now doing everything she used to be able to do, as well as assist her in whatever I can.

In any case, I'll keep y'all updated and post when I can. Hopefully we'll get everything rolling along in short order.

No comments: