Monday, October 24, 2005

Hey buddy, got a dragon?

OK, here's an official Bleg. Lemme give you some background:

My unit, which is still getting formed, needs a mascot or logo. Being as we're a chemical company, the official Chem "logo" is a dragon. Now, I have several talents, but drawing or painting isn't one of them. Hey, a guy has to know his limits, ya know?

So this is what I need, if there's anyone out there artistic who'd like to give it a shot. I need a dragon that the company can use for signs, letterhead, ect. I have a few ideas, but what I really want to see incorporated is la garita.

Las Garitas were the sentry towers built into the Old San Juan wall, as part of Castillo del Morro and Castillo de San Cristobal. They've become almost a logo for Puerto Rico itself.



The 65th RSC, which I belong to, has a garita as the unit patch.



So here's what I'm thinking. I need a dragon either perched or crawling on a garita, although it doesn't have to be used. The only real requirements I have is that I be able to shrink the image down and use it on letterhead (perhaps filled in as a silhouette). In any case, if there's anyone out there who would like to give it a try, I'll make sure your name is on it, copyright it, whatever I need to do so that everyone knows that YOU are the artist, not me.

So what say you? Any takers?

No comments: