Rob has a series of questions for anyone who wants to answer.
1) How many of you people know how to drive a vehicle with MANUAL TRANSMISSION?
A: I do. I learned on a manual, in the middle of winter, on a damn sheet of ice. I had to take off without spinning the tires, and if I messed up I started all over again. My parents thought it would make me a better driver, and it did. It sucked while I was learning, though.
2) How many of you people can make popcorn on the STOVE, in a POT, the old-fashioned way?
A: Yup. Kettle Corn as well.
3) How many of you people ever saw a drive-in movie?
A: Yep, until they tore down the only drive-in theater where I lived.
4) How many of you people know how to bake a potato without using a microwave oven?
A: Yep, and I prefer doing it in a regular oven. A microwave makes the potato too spongy. I don't like the texture of a microwaved potato.
5) How many of you people can build a fire, first time every time, in the woods? Even when it's raining?
A: First time every time? No, I'm not that good, but I'll get it going eventually.
6) How many of you people know how to skip a rock?
A: Hell, that's one of the first things I can remember my older brother teaching me!
7) How many people know the way to tell when a watermelon is ripe without touching it in the field?
A: This is one that I can't do. Despite living everywhere, I'm a northern boy (NOT a yankee). Ask me a question about the mountains.
8) How many of you people ever handled a firearm and hit what you shot at, without being "afraid" of the gun?
A: Um... do I even need to say?
9) How many of you people take care of yourselves without relying on government to do that job for you?
A: I haven't taken a single freebie from the government. I wish I could say the same in reverse.
10) How many people ever stood up to a bully and never had to fight him again? Even when you lost the fight. How many people have balls enough to do that today?
A: That's where I learned to rage. I found out real quick that bullies, no matter how big and mean they think they are, will never screw with a guy who jumps in their face when provoked. I wasn't the biggest kid is school, but when some dumbass jock thought that pushing me around would be fun, I literally grabbed his shirt and began screaming in his face. I can't remember what I said, but it was along the lines of "I don't care if I end up in the hospital, I'm going to make sure you'll never be able to see again." At different times I remember promising to bite off noses, gouge out eyes, break knees, or any other damage that would drive people off and allow me to continue my day.
I never got into a single fight in highschool, either. Those worthless fucks knew that I was serious.