Saturday, July 23, 2005

And since I was already there,

Rob has a series of questions for anyone who wants to answer.

1) How many of you people know how to drive a vehicle with MANUAL TRANSMISSION?

A: I do. I learned on a manual, in the middle of winter, on a damn sheet of ice. I had to take off without spinning the tires, and if I messed up I started all over again. My parents thought it would make me a better driver, and it did. It sucked while I was learning, though.

2) How many of you people can make popcorn on the STOVE, in a POT, the old-fashioned way?

A: Yup. Kettle Corn as well.

3) How many of you people ever saw a drive-in movie?

A: Yep, until they tore down the only drive-in theater where I lived.

4) How many of you people know how to bake a potato without using a microwave oven?

A: Yep, and I prefer doing it in a regular oven. A microwave makes the potato too spongy. I don't like the texture of a microwaved potato.

5) How many of you people can build a fire, first time every time, in the woods? Even when it's raining?

A: First time every time? No, I'm not that good, but I'll get it going eventually.

6) How many of you people know how to skip a rock?

A: Hell, that's one of the first things I can remember my older brother teaching me!

7) How many people know the way to tell when a watermelon is ripe without touching it in the field?

A: This is one that I can't do. Despite living everywhere, I'm a northern boy (NOT a yankee). Ask me a question about the mountains.

8) How many of you people ever handled a firearm and hit what you shot at, without being "afraid" of the gun?

A: Um... do I even need to say?

9) How many of you people take care of yourselves without relying on government to do that job for you?

A: I haven't taken a single freebie from the government. I wish I could say the same in reverse.

10) How many people ever stood up to a bully and never had to fight him again? Even when you lost the fight. How many people have balls enough to do that today?

A: That's where I learned to rage. I found out real quick that bullies, no matter how big and mean they think they are, will never screw with a guy who jumps in their face when provoked. I wasn't the biggest kid is school, but when some dumbass jock thought that pushing me around would be fun, I literally grabbed his shirt and began screaming in his face. I can't remember what I said, but it was along the lines of "I don't care if I end up in the hospital, I'm going to make sure you'll never be able to see again." At different times I remember promising to bite off noses, gouge out eyes, break knees, or any other damage that would drive people off and allow me to continue my day.

I never got into a single fight in highschool, either. Those worthless fucks knew that I was serious.

No comments: