Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I want to kill flash animation

Look, I know that people with the newest computers and broadband connections who can download three-hundred bajillion megabites per nanosecond can handle just about anything the internet tosses at them, but those of us who's budgets allow for small, low memory computers and dial-up connections have a bitch of a time getting to some websites.

Seriously, checking Yahoo mail on my laptop is a pain in the ass. The damn flash animations (which is always some worthless advertisment or another) take forever to load, and damn if they aren't the FIRST FUCKING THING to get up and running. So I sit here for a while, waiting for this crap to finish downloading before I can check my mail. And don't even bother telling me to shell out the bucks for broadband, because the phone lines out here won't do it. We're dealing with 1960's technology that isn't even capable of DSL. Getting a cable modem out to this house would cost thousands of dollars.

I'm starting to contemplate boycotting websites that run too much flash animation. It's all ads and crap anyways. Just another form of spam. Blah.

No comments: