Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Raging Mother's Ass-Whuppin Workout

Since my parents have been rather generous to both my wife and myself in the past few months, I figured that I would do what I could to help them out around the house while I'm here. I mean, they live in the country. There's ALWAYS something to do, just to keep things running on an even keel.

Like graveling the private road, from the main road to the hay barn.

Ug.

Luckily, the gravel place dumps it into your truck for you. But once you get home, all the shoveling, raking, moving, hauling and other assorted work is up to you. And yes, since we don't own any heavy machinery I did it all by hand. Mom now has a nicely graveled road, and I have two arms that feel like they're about to fall off.

Oh well. Tomorrow I get to clear dead brush and other items on the fuel ladder away from the barn. And I can't say that I'm going to get fat while I'm here. Gotta love the country life!

No comments: