Monday, December 27, 2004

Training completed

At least this part of it, anyways. I still have at least one more school to go to, and if I can swing it I'll be going to quite a few more. However, I am now a Quartermaster.

That's supply, for those who don't know.

Certainly not the most glamourous job, but damn important. Patton found that out when he was trying to reach Berlin in '44. Soldiers win skirmishes. Generals win battles. Logistics wins wars. The best training, the best equipment, the best soldiers and leaders can't do anything if they don't have people bringing them beans and bullets.

So that's my new job, at least for the next few months. The 91W training is possibly on hold, due to there being an over abundance of them in the Army at this time. From what I've been able to figure out, all the people slated for 91W are being transfered to different jobs if possible. Meh. I really wanted to be a medic, but if I have to remain supply, so be it. If that turns out to be the case, then I'm going to push for another school. Airborn, if possible. Air Assault, perhaps. Right now I'm just playing it by ear and seeing what pops up. If I can still get tghe 91W school, great.

I spent Christmas with my wife and parents at their house in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Not a very large affair, but good family and more great food than you could shake a stick at. Man, I love my mom's cooking. I sang at Midnight Mass with the church choir, and then came home to presents and whiskey.

Life right now is good.

However, I get the nagging feeling that I shouldn't have returned to the Seattle area at all. The Democrats have managed to cheat and steal their way into the govenor's mansion. The state Republicans will be filing a lawsuit, but I don't expect much to come out of it. This is Washington State, after all.

I also see that Southeast Asia has suffered a natural disaster. My heart goes out to all those people. The USA should be sending help as soon as possible.

In any case, it won't take me long to get riled up by something from Seattle. I'll post more when I actually have something to rant about.

See you all soon!

No comments: