Sunday, September 26, 2004

Ahem

Beldar has a challenge for the Left.

Can you identify even one specific and material SwiftVets allegation that you believe to have been fully "debunked" or fully proven to be "unsubstantiated"?

Some ground rules for this challenge that I think are not unreasonable:

By "specific," I mean to exclude sweeping conclusions like "John Kerry wasn't as big a hero as he's made out." By material, I mean to exclude trivia like "the VC soldier John Kerry shot was in a uniform instead of in a loincloth." And I ask that if you're to make an honest effort to meet my challenge, you provide quotes and links, both to the SwiftVets' allegations and to the evidence that you offer to show debunking or lack of substantiation.

(.....)

I of course reserve the right to offer a rebuttal, as will, I'm sure, my like-minded readers. But I'm genuinely curious about this, and will try to summarize the results of this challenge fairly in a new post sometime early next week.


For all the talk being slung around by the Left about the Swift Vet's charges being "debunked", I haven't seen one shred of evidence to support the Left's claim. In fact, the Swift Vets didn't have to change their charges one bit, it's been John Kerry who's had to change his story, or retract a statement, or "clarify" things over and over.

So how about it, Lefties? Whatcha got?

No comments: