Thursday, August 12, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANgesssssss!

Life has certainly gotten interesting for me as of late. You might have noticed that my frequency of posting has gone down. For right now, expect it to stay down, because I'm as busy as a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

Plans are being laid down to get me the hell out of this city by the end of the year (or as close to it as possible). I have two weddings to go to this year, and between trying to raise enough cash for that plus do what needs to be done around here, I'm swamped.

And other plans are coming into play - you might remember my futile attempts to rejoin the Army, and how my eyes kept me out. Well, if the Lord works in mysterious ways, the US Army has him beat hands down.

At 1 PM this afternoon, I raised my right hand and joined the Army Reserve. I'll be placed into a unit based out of Spokane, WA. Traveling to and from drills will be somewhat boring for a few months, but I'll make do until I'm living closer to there.

For those who care, my MOS is 91W. Medic. I'll have to be retrained within a year (since my old MOS consisted more of hurting people than trying to heal them). As far as I know, I'll do my training at Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas. Cap'n Jim, I might be meeting you face to face a bit sooner than I expected!

So my life continues to change. I'm not going anywhere for a few months, but by mid-December, hopefully this joint will be jumping! The Raging Girlfriend and I will either land in Spokane or Northern Idaho when all is said and done. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared. Change is always difficult in some way, even if you know the change needed to happen.

So.... deep breath... eyes forward... let's go!

No comments: