Sunday, June 06, 2004

Random Thoughts

I've been pretty morose over the death of the Gipper. That's kept me from posting much. So here's a few thoughts that I have in my head right now.

As sad as it is that Reagan died, his pain is over. He suffered from a horrible disease, that ate away at his memory with every passing day. He survived it for ten years. Ten long years. And his wife was by his side every minute of it. They both have been released from that particular pain, although Nancy's pain has not left, it's just changed. But for the moment, the past torments are just that. PAST torments.

The Morlocks and blithering idiots over at DU, Indymedia, Kos, and Atrios deserve to burn in hell. Their reactions leave me only two beliefs. Either they reviled all the good he had done for this country so they celebrate his death, or they are so sick, twisted and foul that they celebrate his death out of sheer virulent hatred of anything that is not them. Either thought isn't pleasant, nor is the idea that their particular sickness may be a combination of both. But they are sick. Sick in the mind, and sick in the soul. As far as I'm concerned, if you needed any more evidence of how perverted and foul the Left has become, a quick foray into their thoughts spread over the internet is all you need. If you need any more proof, go read Jeff's comments in the post below this one.

I was able to speak with a fellow blogger today. It's nice being able to put a voice to the words that appear on your screen. Every one of the bloggers that I've met or spoken to have been good people, through and through. Sometimes their talents and knowledge leave me taken aback. Sometimes I read their writing and wonder why the hell I even bother to jot down my scattered thoughts when they can write circles around me. And sometimes I wonder just how in the hell I got so lucky as to be considered part of their circle. Jim is one of those people. And Jim, when we finally get together, the bars in the area will have to be put on alert to have a large ready supply of both good scotch and fire extinguishers on hand!

Continuing on, I post every now and then on the 1911 forums. I put a post up about my stickers, and received just a phenomenal response. I have a total of 28 stickers left, and I've ordered another 250. After paying off the costs of making the stickers, I went down to Federal Way Discount Guns, and picked up this little number.



It's a Yugoslavian SKS rifle, 7.62 X 39. Believe it or not, this will be the first semi-automatic rifle I've ever owned. The only other semi-auto I have is my 1911 pistol. Everything else is either a revolver or a bolt action rifle. My arsenal is starting to take shape. Everybody who gave me support with the stickers, you have my deepest thanks and gratitude.

That's about all I can manage to post tonight. I'll talk to you all later.

No comments: