Friday, May 07, 2004

Random thoughts

I was listening to the Congressional hearings in my truck on the way to an appointment today. The usual suspects were bloviating: Ted "Swimmer" Kennedy, Robert "Sheets" Byrd, yada yada yada. And then Joe Lieberman came on.

Let me just send off a memo to the Democratic Party, shall I?

Hey Democrats - if I were you, I would tie Lieberman up and dump him in a closet until after election day. Because every time he opens his mouth, he highlights just what a failure John Fonda Kerry is. Seriously. Every time Lieberman speaks in public, it's a reminder of just how badly the Democratic Party fucked up when they dumped Liberman on his ass and chose Hanoi John as their candidate. With every word, Lieberman highlights the type of class and character that Kerry completely lacks. But since you've gone with the Flipper, it's your funeral.

Enjoy another four years of obscurity.

On a side note, the fact that the Donks chose Hanoi John shows me just how far from the center the entire party has gone. He might be a centrist when conpared to the Democrats, but he's about as far to the Left as you can get without falling off the edge in terms of the country as a whole. If the Donks were actually serious about working for their country and winning the election, they would have stuck with Lieberman.

No comments: