Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The media exploded into a delightful frenzy when Iraqi prisoner abuse photos started showing up. Instantly discarding the "don't show disturbing images" philosophy that they adopted shortly after 9/11, 60 Minutes and the rest of the "Don't be silly! They're not Liberal!" media were only too happy to print images that humiliated America and enraged our enemies. And in doing so, they conveniently ignored that the military had already been investigating these abuses (That was an honest oversight, I'm sure).

Let's see if they adopt the same philosophy with the latest Islamic-wacko-decapitation of-an-innocent-American-video. Now showing at a hate America website near you.

"My name is Nick Berg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Susan," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in ... Philadelphia."

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and putting a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off, shouting "Allahu Akbar!" — "God is great." They then held the head out before the camera.

No comments: