Saturday, March 27, 2004

Another Parent Who Doesn't Deserve To Be

I was on the couch last night, trying not to die from coughing, and I had the TV on for background noise. Dateline NBC came on, with some special on overweight kids.

Anyways, it's not so much the overweight kids that made me blow my top, it was one of the kid's mother.

The show was following three kids who were trying to lose weight at a "fat camp". You know the deal, make the kids excersize, get them active, lower calorie counts, and all that. But in the middle of the show, one of the kids they were following around gets a call at camp from his mother. Want to guess what dear mommy said?

"I'm leaving for Arizona with my new husband. You're on your own."

One parent is absent from the weekend retreat: TJ's mother. For most of his life, she's been more buddy than parent, but lately, she's been neither. TJ can't understand it. But then, finally, she does call -- and what she says is a bombshell. Over the phone, she tells TJ she is leaving, moving to Arizona with her second husband. TJ will have to fend for himself in California, hopefully living with relatives. And now TJ, a 17-year-old heading to senior year in high school, is an angry and grief-stricken mess.

Red Curtain of Blood. How in god's name can such a worthless sack of shit dare to call herself a parent when she does things like this? As if this poor kid isn't have enough problems in life already, he now gets to deal with the fact that mom F**KING ABANDONED HIM! WHAT THE HELL??

So they hunt down this worthless c**t and ask her what the hell happened. Again, the Red Curtain of Blood decended over my eyes.

Trina says TJ and his step-dad never got along. She was caught in the middle of that, she says. So this summer she decided it would be best to move with her husband and leave TJ behind.

Natalina Guerra: “He's a great kid and I know he'll do good. He just has to find himself and I can't find that for him.”

Morrison: “Even if he feels abandoned?”

Natalina Guerra: “Oh, don't say that.”


If I were the cameraman, I would have stopped filming and beaten this bitch to death with the sound mic. I don't think there are enough foul words in the English language to describe how I feel about this ... thing. I'm not going to consider it as human, because it obviously doesn't have one thing that I think separates humans from animals - compassion. The kid was 17 and this foul blob of shit just dumped him on his ass. Gee, thanks "mom"!

People like that should be shot.

No comments: