Wednesday, December 03, 2003



Today I twice encountered a name I had never previously seen: Michael O'Leary. Mr. O'Leary is the CEO of discount European airline Ryanair.

The second place I saw O'Leary's name today was in a Washington Times article regarding an award Donald Rumsfeld won in Europe. I found that article via InstaPundit, who had linked to The World Wide Rant, who linked to the Times.

Maltese Prime Minister Eddie Fenech Adami won the "European of the year" prize at the Brussels event organized by the European Voice newspaper. Diplomat of the year went to EU policy chief Javier Solana and businessman of 2003 to Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary [EMPHASIS MINE].
After a quick head scratch, I recalled where I had seen Michael O'Leary's name before. It was in this article, where it is revealed that Ryanair's jets have gotten implants, in a manner of speaking, at the urging of O'Leary (errr, according to The Sun).

The chap orders boob jobs for his airline's flying angel logo, then he wins a European Businessman of the Year award.

They don't teach that at either Harvard or Stanford, I guarandamntee you.

No comments: