Thursday, December 04, 2003

It's Show-and-Tell Time

Every now and then you have moments in your life where you can reach out and grab what you've been wanting. Sometimes you have to work harder for it, but that just makes the end result that much sweeter. My budget has been strained to the max lately. I've been pinching pennies so hard that I've re-invented copper wire. I've been stretching my dollars so thin that George Washington looks like he got a facelift. I've cut back on just about everything that I enjoy doing, from going to the range, to my scotch, (last bottle was on my birthday, and nuttin' since) to going out, you get the picture.

I've also been grabbing extra hours at work whenever I can. OT is a good thing. Time and a half is a good thing. I'll be working Christmas this year, something that I volunteered to do. One, I don't want my supervisor to get stuck with it. He's a good man, and he works way to frigging hard. But the cash is nice. Time and a half, plus holiday pay. I'll get roughly $355 for one day of work. And that money is pretty much already gone, used up to get that reward that I've been working for.

My entire life I've worked for the things I have. When you've paid for it in sweat, you understand the value of it. Well, this reward is no different.

I did say it was show and tell, didn't I?



Ten acres of undeveloped land, just south-east of Whorley, Idaho. I just recieved confirmation today that it's in my name. Ten acres that I can do anything on. I can walk around nekkid, sucking down scotch and burping, and nobody will give a damn because it's MY LAND. Well, that and the fact that the trees obscure the neighbor's view. Once this is fully paid off, I'll start buying the lots around me. Hopefully I'll end up with a nice parcel of trees, creeks, and peace. There are deer all over that area, and rabbit... and the predators, the cougars, bear, and coyotes. It's all there, and in time, I'll be there as well. But for now, I can pack up the truck, head to the hills, and spend a weekend on MY LAND.

You have to work for what you want. And I did. And it is worth it.

No comments: