Thursday, November 27, 2003

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I'm going to spend the day eating, drinking, and spending time with friends. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Since I'm trying to have an enjoyable day, I think I'll just give a few links to things that I enjoy.

Blackfive has a great post about Scotch (one of my favorite spirits). Mmmmmm, single malt....

In case you're curious, my other favorite spirit is Gin. Bombay Sapphire, to be exact. Gin and tonics in the summer, and scotch, neat, in the winter. This particular scotch, in fact. Goes great with a good cigar.

I also enjoy my friends and family, so I'm going to stop spending time online and go spend time with them. I hope you all have as good a day as I do.

And if you're a religious person, I have a favor to ask.

Say a prayer for this man.



That's my friend Hodge, who's currently serving in Baghdad right now, and unable to be with us for Thanksgiving. Hodge and I served together at Ft. Riley, 300th MP Co. I miss him, and I'm praying for his safety.

Send out some good thoughts for all of our men and women in uniform, will ya? They're probably missing their families even worse than ever right now. And make sure to thank them, when you see them. Because they're the ones who ensure that we have everything to be thankful for.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: