Saturday, October 18, 2003

Oh my head...

The girlfriend, that wonderful woman, threw me a suprise birthday party last night. My birthday isn't until Monday, but last night was when people could come over and drink. So it happened. I haven't drank that much in quite a while, and needless to say, I'm still feeling it this morning. So I'm sitting here with my bloodshot eyes and the industrial strength coffee thinking of what to say.

Did I mention my birthday present? A Marlin bolt-action .22 rifle. I've been wanting one for the range, and now I have one. She's a beauty. Times like this I wish I had a cheap digital camera so that I could gloat and show off my goodies. Bah! Why waste money on a digital camera when I could buy ammo!

Side tangent: Ammo Day is November 19th! 100 rounds or more! It's a BUYcott!

So anyways, the girlfriend, that wonderfull woman, cooked up beef stroganoff for dinner, followed by a desert that is best described as a mix between mud pie and Baked Alaska. Heaven. Pure heaven. Chocolate galore. Couple that with an Arturo Fuente and a bottle of scotch, and it was a VERY good night. My friend Ari decided that instead of lighting a Buick on fire (a reference to the number of candles on my birthday cake, Ari?), he would just get me beer. Not as eyecatching, but it kept him out of jail. There was much fun had, much alcohol drank, and much food consumed. I'll let you know how the rifle performs at the range, since I plan to head there this afternoon. Right after I down the rest of the coffee and take a shower.

See ya tomorrow.

No comments: