Thursday, September 18, 2003

Yeah, I know it's late

But it's my day off, so sue me. I'm gonna sit in my bathrobe and drink coffee and take some time to relax. Well, relax a little. I've still found some good pieces over at NRO that I think people should read.

John Derbyshire has a great piece that nails one of the problems with liberalism. It's definately worth a read.

There used to be a fashion for tagging whatever times we were living through with some characterizing appellation like "the Atomic Age" or "the Information Age." We seem to have got out of this habit; but I sometimes amuse myself by thinking up suitable epithets along those lines. Reading the newspapers recently, I have decided that I am currently living in the Age of No Consequences.

One of the guest writers has yet another piece on the Bush-Haters, that group of Leftists who allow their hatred of Bush to overshadow everything else, including the truth.

The Bush haters are doing their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory simply because they want George W. Bush to fail, which coincidently won't happen unless America also fails.

Yep, that sounds about right. As a comment on Tim's post below, regarding the NYT article about france, there's only one thing to say. When the New York Times starts pointing out that france acts more like an enemy than an ally, you know that it's reached the point where no one can ignore it anymore. Personally, I think france should be nuked and turned into a parking lot for our British pals.

Perry from Obnoxious Fumes is in my part of the country. If he has the time, hopefully we can get together for a beer or two. He's doing work for Microsoft, so it's a toss up as to whether or not he will actually HAVE the time. Anyways, if he actually has the time I'll try to take a picture or two.

That's all for now. I need more coffee.

No comments: