Tuesday, September 30, 2003

National Ammo Day

OK, it's actually National Ammo WEEK, but let's not get picky. What is it? Simple.

You go out and buy 100 round of ammo. Any kind. Doesn't matter. If you don't own a gun but know someone who does, buy some ammo for them. Buy more than 100 rounds if you can. Why should you do this?

Take it away, Kim.

When The Mrs. and I came up with the concept of National Ammo Day last year, my intent was to make it a big slap in the face of the gun-fearing wussy politicians who would attempt to strangle gun ownership through exhorbitant taxation of ammo -- no point in taxing ammo sales when everyone in the country has enough spare ammo to last a couple of generations, right?

The key words in the last paragraph are big slap in the face, with "big" as the most significant.


I say, let's get this thing rolling! Hit the website, check it out, talk it up. I'm going to take it to the local stores and see what I can do.

Let's do it!

No comments: