Monday, September 29, 2003

Back in the Saddle again

The Oyster Run was, in a word, awesome. You know the proper definition of a bike rally, don't you? It's an excuse to get 5000 women together with 2000 pieces of clothing. AnalogKid at Random Nuclear Strikes has a post up with pictures of the weather that we had all weekend. Both my girlfriend and I have sunburns on our faces from riding all day. We started up state route 9, heading north. Once we got out of suburbia, we hit the real deal, a winding, twisting, hilly highway that set hearts racing. I was with a pack of Harleys (safety in numbers, especially when those numbers can be heard for half a mile) as we wound past Big Lake and Murry Lake. After Big Lake the road turned into a roller-coaster of a ride, with a few hair-pin curves tossed in for fun. The pack lengthened out as we were forced to use the whole lane in the curves, swinging wide and then kissing the edge of the road as the bike leaned in, then goosing the throttle as the bike straitened up, getting ready for the next curve. At one point I saw a yellow warning sign indicating a big "S" curve coming up. I think it read "30mph", and then it was past, and the curve was there. Look at the speedometer, 45mph. Shit. Push, lean, give it gas as you hit the curve, come up, I can hear the girlfriend saying something but the motor is drowning her out and I think I saw sparks from my footpeg as it scraped the pavement, next curve push, lean, gas it, and I can hear the big Harleys up front bellowing, there's either a hill or a straitaway coming up. Come out of the turn, bike is up, gas it, and I watch the bikes in front of me disappear. It's a hill, and we're at the top. Get to the crest of the hill and just drop, negative G with your stomach floating somewhere around your Adam's apple and no time to think because as you crest the hill you see a mile of road laying ahead of you so HIT IT NOW! The feeling of speed as you go from 45 to 65 in about two seconds, racing down a hill onto a flat stretch of road, pasture on both sides and sunshine, glorious sunshine hitting your face, the smell of grass and pinetrees and horses filling the air. The girlfriend is laughing because I let out a rebel yell as we soared down that hill. Check mirrors. We seemed to have picked up about seven bikes in our pack, we're no longer the tail end. Watch as three crotch-rockets pick up and move, screaming by us like we're standing still. Check speedometer; 65. They must be doing 90. They're crouched over like jockeys, and I know that their backs will be cursing at them later. Check front; another curve coming up and I can feel the girlfriend shift, leaning into the backrest and relaxing. She scratches the back of my neck and then it's push, lean, gas it and away we go.

My friends, if you want to just arrive at your destination, we can hop into my truck and putter on down the road. But if you want to travel, the way traveling was meant to be, then let's climb onto a motorcycle and experience the journey.

But now, to the ever-unpleasant news. Elia Kazan is dead at the age of 94. For those who don't know, Kazan was the Hollywood director who named communist movie stars. It ruined the career of more than a few. But what strikes me is the fact that people are outraged about Kazan talking, not about their affiliation with the Communist Party. I'm reminded of the fact that even as Joe McCarthy is derided, and accusations of "McCarthyism" are flung around by the left on a daily basis, McCarthy was proven right. After the fall of the USSR, the files of the KGB and other Soviet operations came to light. There were indeed American Communists working against America. Lenin called these people "Usefull Idiots". And McCarthy pointed them out. So Kazan, who was himself once a Communist, pointed out the people he knew and was vilified for it. Even in 1999, when we won an honorary Oscar, many people in the audience refused to clap for him. It's it amazing that Hollywood will support someone when they say the worst things possible about America, or Conservatives, or anyone on the right, and yet refuse to support someone who stood up for himself in a way that was negative to the Left?

Gee, no ideological bias there, right? Right?

From the files of "WTF are you doing here, then?" comes a story from Duke University. It seems that a frat held a.. ahem... "southern" themed party.

The party thrown by the Sigma Chi fraternity was promoted with fliers that look like green cards and featured a mock border patrol checkpoint at the front door. The fraternity said it was in no way intended to make a political or social statement about Mexico.

So far, it's un-PC, but that's normal for a frat, right? Here comes the part that ticked me off.

But student Sandra Sánchez said the party "disgusted and outraged" her. "Everything that I am -- my family, customs, culture and language -- was violated," she said.

I'm sorry, your what? And your what? Just what country are you a citizen of, Miss Sanchez? Are you going to demand that I address you as "Senorita Sanchez" next, in respect to your "family, customs, culture, and language"? Are you American, or are you Mexican, Miss Sanchez? I don't stand up and scream that St. Paddy's day is an insult to "Everything that I am". Oh hey look, green beer and funny hats, Erin go Braugh and all that bullshit doesn't effect me because Americans are, by and large, irreverent! We make fun of anything, including ourselves! Maybe if you're so damn offended by that damn party, you should haul your PC sensetive ass down to the other side of the border, where they "respect" you more!

I love how the very same ideology that claims to support "diversity" (ALL HAIL DIVERSITY) will shut down something as simple as a party because it offends someone. When some crack-addled artist uses federal dollars to put a crusifix in a bottle of piss and put it on display in Manhattan, the christians are told that this artist is part of a "diverse" (ALL HAIL DIVERSITY) culture that they should just learn to accept it, but god forbid anyone should be offended by a party! Crack down on those heathens! I swear, the way the Left flip-flops on issues, it's no suprise that they act like meth-snorting baboons sometimes. They're just too damn dizzy from making shit up as they go along! "Christians are offended? Screw them! They just wanna take us back to the Spanish Inquisition!" Oops, I mentioned the Spanish Inquisition! I might offend someone! Too bad I'm not a Democrat, because then I could take a giant steaming crap on the Mexican flag, call it "diverse art" and get paid by the NEA to do it! And as long as I'm a Leftist tool, it's "diversity!" (ALL HAIL DIVERSITY).

So Miss Sanchez, I'll make you a deal. I will respect Mexican culture, and Mexican customs, and Mexican family, and Mexican language, as long as YOU'RE MEXICAN! But if you're American, then your by-god-damned language is ENGLISH! Your frigging culture is AMERICAN! WELCOME TO AMERICA, where I have the right to say whatever I damn well please, and if you didn't like that party YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THERE! I swear, the next time I hear one of the chosen minorities cry about how their culture is being violated, I am going to find a shamrock or leprechaun or silly green hat and jam it up their ass until they have green coming out their ears! How many Americans do you hear crying about Oktoberfest? Are leiderhosen a mockery of German culture? How about "The Sopranos"? Short of a few people in NYC, nobody gives a damn! If you're so damn offended, GET THE HELL OUT, YOU STUPID BINT!

And people wonder why I'm so upset. Except for when I'm on my bike, and it's a sunny day. Those are good times, my friends. Now if I could just get rid of the idiots.

No comments: