Friday, August 29, 2003

I just bought a power sander

I found myself with three choices:


Craftsman


Dewalt


Porter Cable


I bought the Porter Cable model, because it is made in America.

I've never been much for look-for-the-union-label and buy-made-in-America mantras spouted throughout the Eighties by organized labor, but in this economic and political climate, I find myself wanting to keep my money here, where it works best for my neighbors and their friends and their neighbors and their friends...

I suggest maybe you do the same.

Of course, sometimes it is hard to find products made in America. Sometimes one is compelled to wonder if the label is true.

Nonetheless, I submit the notion for your consideration.

Lastly, I purchased this product at Sears Hardware, because: "Sears, Roebuck & Co. maintains full job benefits and partial pay for military reservists called up to fight in the Iraq war"

For a list of other companies who are going beyond what is required by law for their employees serving the our Armed Forces, see here. If you can, buy from them.


No comments: