Tuesday, August 19, 2003

The Bus Bombing in Jerusalem...

...had quite a few folks in the blogosphere entirely agitated and throughly incensed. Nowhere is that the case more than at The Rottweiler: Happy Now, Dubya, Or How Many More "Kikes" Have To Be Murdered Before You Abandon Your Terrorist-Felching Ways?

Charming, eh?

I understand the ire, I guess. I reckon if I were Jewish i'd be bloodthirsty in a big way right now (and probably for the last twenty years). But that brings me to my points for writing, which are:

a) anyone who blames a bus bombing in 2003 on a President who took office in 2001 just isn't thinking straight.

b) George W. Bush has no power in Israel except that which Israelis give him. Want Israel to go blast the Islamic hordes? Go ahead! Not prepared to do it? Blame Knesset, not the President of the United States of America.

c) Lastly, oil is the lifeblood of the world economy. The next time Israel blasts the daylights out of someone, and I mean !BLASTS SOMEONE!, like as in war with thousands dead, the entire Middle East is going to sublime. Oil will rocket to $90/barrel, gasoline will cost $5.25/gallon, and forty million Americans will lose their jobs. How's that for an alternative to twenty or so dead Israelis every month or so? I'll take the dead Jews, if the alternative is worldwide Depression.

That's callous, isn't it? Anyway, it's all damage control for American policy where Israel and her enemies are concerned. President Bush took no oath to defend Israel. I do wish we had an energy plan so ten years from now we could stand back and let the Israelis do what they've resisted for twenty years now....

My condolences to all those emotionally struck by today's events. I intend no offense with this post.

No comments: