Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Racism, and the various definitions ofit.

I'm going to be quick on this post, because you folks have said more than I could ever hope to about it.

It is incomprehensable to me that learned men and women find the treatment of people due to skin color anything but racism.

David brought up the case of Asian minorities, and it's a damn good point. Why aren't Asians, as a minority, treated with the same privledges that blacks are? Aren't they a minority as well? Or are they the wrong minority for those race-baiters?

I think that the so called "black leadership" in this country has made victimhood the mantra of the black community. I think they make a living off of it. And I think that until these people wake up and realise that they don't need the dead weight of AA or people like Jesse Jackson, the situation will keep perpetuating itself.

Tim, my comment seems to have wiped itself from that thread. I'll try to repost it, or at least put in an entry. David, I've changed my handle to Raging_Dave in order to keep us a bit more separate in names. More later.

No comments: